Like many BCers, we hope for a speedy recovery for John Horgan.
This week we look at the latest round of bills covering cities, education, political party financing and banning plastics. Plus the province’s next step in CleanBC. Federally, we dig into the new cabinet picks.
And we pit Ujjal Dosanjh against John Horgan in the Greatest BC Premier Bracket. Vote on Twitter or on our website.
Segment 1: A cleaner BC
- FOI bill passes second reading without government MLAs speaking to it
- Bill 22: A call to Action
- Bill 22: A call to Action 2
- BC launches stronger climate plan for a better future | BC Gov News
- CleanBC Roadmap to 2030 [pdf]
- Clean Energy Canada view B.C.’s climate roadmap sets the right course, but the clock is ticking and Dan Woynillowicz
- Efficiency Canada supportive
- Seth Klein reaction From leader to follower: B.C.’s updated climate plan – its “CleanBC Roadmap to 2030” – is not an emergency plan — Climate Emergency Unit
- Province gives local government more tools to increase housing | BC Gov News
- Introduction of Municipal Affairs Statutes Amendment Act (No. 2), 2021 | BC Gov News
- B.C. government proposes legislation to speed up permitting applications (Globe & Mail)
- Legislative changes to support First Nations jurisdiction over education | BC Gov News
- Proposed amendments will make per-vote allowance permanent | BC Gov News
- Province takes aim at banning problem plastics | BC Gov News
Segment 2: Cabinet
- Gavin Dew supports conversion practices ban
- Aaron Gunn out of BC Liberal leadership, Laurie Throness is mad
- Green Party members are voting on Annamie Paul’s leadership — weeks after she said she would quit
- Canadian government urged to rescue Afghan interpreters long before American withdrawal, leaked emails reveal