Last year, BC’s major coal export terminal shipped more thermal coal than metallurgical coal, due to rising American exports. Journalist Derrick O’Keefe joins Ian to talk about the implications of this growing trend and where the government could act to help global climate efforts.
- Province assisting communities; people, businesses urged to conserve water
- B.C. expected to request Ottawa’s help with worsening wildfires, minister says
- Why coal mining is big in the B.C. Rockies but not Alberta | The Narwhal
- What is metallurgical coal-making, the industry that ex-premier John Horgan is now a part of? | CBC News
- The Dirty Secret of Coal Exports from the Port of Vancouver
- Why Canadian exports of the fuel of the ‘previous century’ continue to surge — for now | Financial Post
- Fossil fuel prices drive record $64.5B of 2022 B.C. exports – Vancouver Is Awesome