Note: Naturally between recording this episode and publishing it, David Johnston announced that he’s resigning as the Government’s Special Rapporteur. We’ll have our takes on that next week.
Nevertheless we still had a bunch of things to talk about from a larger list on possible housing targets to social media blocking news content. We also look at the Conservatives interventions in Calgary housing debates and the federal budget and finally that Canada is on fire.
- 47 municipalities revealed to be on B.C.’s housing ‘naughty list’
- B.C. gov’t docs reveal all 47 municipalities on housing ‘naughty list’ | Vancouver Sun
- Meta to start blocking news content for up to 5% of Canadian Facebook, Instagram users
- Government has ‘options’ if Facebook, Google pull news content, minister says
- Bell: After backlash, Calgary city council backs down — just a little
- Poilievre threatens to filibuster budget bill if Liberals don’t meet demands
- Freeland’s budget bill passes House after Poilievre pledges to block it
- Liberals unveil plan to make hybrid House of Commons sittings permanent
- David Johnston’s lead counsel on foreign interference probe attended Trudeau fundraiser in 2021 – The Globe and Mail
- Han Dong Story Reporter Sam Cooper Is Leaving Global News
- Federal data forecasts grim wildfire season this summer | CBC News
- Canada Wildfires Spark Climate Conspiracy Theories
- Rebates for energy-efficient products