We recorded on July 1 so we had to ask: Should we cancel Canada Day and what does that even mean?
But before we get into it, we round up the latest news.
- 3rd First Nation discovers unmarked residential school graves
- ‘Most homes’ in Lytton, BC, destroyed by catastrophic fire, minister says
- Premier Horgan under fire for saying “fatalities are a part of life”
- Aaron Gunn launches BC Liberal leadership exploratory committeeBC to lift COVID-19 restrictions on masks, enters stage 3 on July 1 – NEWS 1130
- RCMP investigating Winnipeg scientists fired from lab for possible transfer of intellectual property to China
- David Lametti on Twitter: “Disappointed to see @CPC_HQ Senators deny unanimous consent to continue to advance #C6 over the summer. Canadians believe conversion therapy should be banned. Conservatives apparently disagree.”
- Green party president says ultimatum to Annamie Paul still unanswered, putting her job in limbo
- Green party president says Annamie Paul’s job still in limbo, demands retraction
- Annamie Paul faces July 20 non-confidence vote as Green Party lays off staff
- Infrastructure Minister Catherine McKenna set to retire from politics
- Trudeau defends Bennett after ‘racist and misogynist’ text
- Building a green economy: Government of Canada to require 100% of car and passenger truck sales be zero-emission by 2035 in Canada
- Perspectives on Canada Day: A Postmedia – Leger Poll – Leger
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action