Ian speaks to freelance investigative journalist Justin Ling about his recent book Missing from the Village and what that tells us about the needs for police reforms, particularly for marginalized communities. Then Ian & Scott look at the latest federal cabinet shuffle and a few quick takes.
New: You can now support PolitiCoast in Canadian dollars or sign up for an annual contribution! Patrons pledging at least $5/month get an ad-free version. Become a Patron
BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at politicstoday.news/free-trial
Get informed fast with the top business and tech news every morning. Get the top Canadian and global business, finance, and tech stories in an entertaining and informative email that only takes 10 minutes to read each morning. Subscribe to The Peak newsletter and The Peak Weekly Podcast.
- Missing from the Village by Justin Ling
- PM shuffles cabinet, says he doesn’t want election before all Canadians vaccinated
- Bloc takes aim at new transport minister over ‘Islamic movement’ ties
- Feds looking at declaring Proud Boys a terrorist organization in wake of U.S. rioting
- Harsha Walia tweet thread on designated white supremacists as terrorists
- B.C. premier checking to see whether inter-provincial travel ban is legally feasible
- Todd Stone statement