The election is well underway and each of the parties are dropping policies to win your votes. With Stewart Prest (@StewartPrest) we look at the biggest elements of what’s on offer. Then we get into Annamie Paul’s victory in the Green Party of Canada leadership race.
There was too much content to fit into this episode, so check out our extra blog with more on the latest polls and Facebook advertising spends for each party.
And check out Ian & Scott on the latest episode of Daveberta.
Check out our partner: BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at politicstoday.news/free-trial
Segment 1: Buying your vote
BC Liberal announcements
- Infrastructure and Massey tunnel replacement
- Eliminate 2% small business tax rate
- New Surrey hospital
BC NDP announcements
BC Green annoucements
- B.C. Greens release plan to strengthen community self-reliance
- Furstenau releases B.C. Greens plan to support tourism and small business
- Furstenau releases B.C. Greens plan to support young families
- Furstenau releases B.C. Green plan to integrate mental healthcare into our public healthcare system
- B.C. Greens announce program to support renters
Segment 2: Annamie Paul wins Green Leadership
- Detailed results on Wikipedia 2020 Green Party of Canada leadership election
Photo credit: flickr/rick