Will there be a fall session? Will there be a fall election? Who knows.
This may be the last week of sittings of the BC Legislature for 2020 so we brought BC Today reporter Shannon Waters back to talk about what was accomplished, what wasn’t accomplished and who had the best Zoom background.
Then high school teacher Sonia Milbradt joins the conversation to talk about BC’s school restart plan, which may ultimately be interrupted by rising case numbers.
And in quick takes we look at all the speculation in Ottawa, which is totally not just a distraction from more WE scandal.
Check out our partner: BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at politicstoday.news/free-trial
A transcript is available at politicoast.ca
Segment 1: Leg is out for summer
Segment 2: School’s back for September
- Follow Sonia @smilbradt
- Orientation week ensures a safe, ready and welcome return to school
- Latest modelling
- Finance Minister Bill Morneau’s job could be in jeopardy after clashes with Prime Minister, sources say
- Question for wounded Trudeau is whether vulnerable Morneau is the right choice to chart post-pandemic future
- Former Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney advising PM on COVID-19 economic response
- Blanchet will push for election if Trudeau, Morneau, Telford won’t resign