How much money did each of BC’s political parties raise in 2018? Not much relative to the Wild West days. We look at what that means going forward for each of the parties and whether a damning report on party’s data practices might further impede their fundraising capabilities.
Next, the Prime Minister’s Office is alleged to have tried to influence former Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould over charges against SNC Lavalin execs. Is this the scandal to break the Liberals?
Check out our partner: BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at britishcolumbiatoday.ca
Segment 1: Cash or data cheque?
- Overview of party fundraising numbers
- 2017 BC Liberal Annual Report
- 2017 BC NDP Annual Report
- Office of Information & Privacy Commissioner report on party collection of personal data – press release and full report
- BC Liberals legislature “ethics plan”
- Joint letter calls for reforms to BC Legislature
Segment 2: So Not Corruption at Lavalin