First, we talk about the latest in the ongoing legislative drama embroiling Speaker Darryl Plecas, the Clerk and Sergeant-at-Arms. Is Plecas all huff and no puff or will we see his laundry list in January? Time will tell.
Then we have an interview with Clean Energy Canada’s Dan Woynillowicz on the Government of BC’s new Clean BC plan. BC is set to become a climate leader again with this comprehensive plan.
And in our third segment we try to unpack the escalating drama around Canada’s arresting of a senior Huawei executive and whether this will be what brings about the end of the world.
And in our quick takes we tackle the Rental Housing Task Force recommendations, Andrew Weaver’s desire to renegotiate the GreeNDP CASA and the reason for the delay in the Senate moving to its new temporary accommodations.
Listen to the full episode by supporting the show on Patreon.
Check out our partner: BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at britishcolumbiatoday.ca
Segment 1: Audits in the House
- LAMC meeting transcript
- The Province podcasts (Find In the House here)
Segment 2: Clean BC with Dan Woynollowicz
Segment 3: Huawei or the highway
- We can’t keep up with the stories here, here’s one CBC piece we relied on
- Ian also relied on CBC’s Frontburner podcast episodes here and here and CANADALAND ShortCuts
- Rental Housing Task Force recommendations
- Andrew Weaver mulls negotiating Confidence and Supply Agreement
- New Senate chambers have acoustic issues
And we forgot to mention Bryan’s electoral reform exit poll. Read more on his blog.