John Horgan’s NDP effectively killed Vancouver’s chance to be a part of the 2026 FIFA World Cup: Was it an epic save or an own goal?
Then we follow up last week’s conversation with a look at the results of the Ontario PC leadership contest. It was a mess and Doug Ford won.
Check out Ian’s new podcast: Cambie Report, coming soon to cover Vancouver municipal politics!
Check out our partner! BC Today is a brand new daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for 25% off of a subscription if you decide to continue. Start your trial at britishcolumbiatoday.ca
Segment 1: At least we won’t have World Cup Riots
- Vancouver loses World Cup bid after BCNDP waffling
- Chicago also pulls out
- From the Backline episode 220 for soccer fan analysis (discussion starts at 43m20s)
- Mike Smyth and Jon McComb think it was the right decision
Segment 2: A Wynne for Ford Nation
- We didn’t actually put any links in our script, we just wrote “Doug Ford huh”
- Andrew Weaver proposes lowering voting age to 16 in BC
- BC’s basic income pilot won’t happen until at least 2020
- Competing Kinder Morgan protests (note CBC’s clarification)
- Joe Arvay appointed to dilbit reference case
- Alberta minister calls BC “shitheads” and apologizes
- Singh under fire for attending Sikh separatist rally in 2015
— Shannon Waters (@sobittersosweet) March 11, 2018
After 5.1π years of neglect in BC, we’re working hard to turn it π radians. 😏
— Bowinn Ma (@BowinnMa) March 15, 2018