Byelection fever strikes BC as we preview Monday’s federal byelection in South Surrey-White Rock and the newly announced provincial byelection in Kelowna West.
Then we look back at John Horgan and the BC NDP’s first term in office with friend of the pod David Moscrop.
Plus our usual round of quick takes on fighter jets, housing and silly trade wars.
David Moscrop’s website and @david_moscrop
Patrons: There are some details about the new fee structure on Patreon’s blog. The long & short is Patreon will now be passing the credit card processing fees onto you. If you support multiple creators, you might be looking at this fee per pledge (rather than per payment you make each month). Let us know if this is an issue for you and we’ll make a fuss or find other options.
Segment 1: Byelection fever
- Eric Grenier’s take on South Surrey-White Rock byelection
- Gordon “Pizza” Hog, Broccoli Minister story
Segment 2: Is BC better yet?
- Progress of legislative bills
- CBC take on BC NDP first term
- Globe and Mail take
- Vaughn Palmer take
- Gov Together BC consultations
- Greens spat over renters grant
- Canada to by Australian fighters
- Canada rejects steal of a deal frigates
- Kent Hehr offends thalidomide survivors and mothers denied maternity benefits
- BC announces cannabis plan
- Derek Corrigan takes over Mayor’s Council Chair and Translink pitches development fees
- City wins injunction against modular home protesters
- Mike Howell tells us who’s running in Vancouver next year
- Saskatchewan bans Alberta license plates from job sites