The days of the RCMP as contract local police may be numbered as BC pushes ahead with the Surrey Police Service over the objections of Mayor Brenda Locke and The Star reports that the federal government is warming to the idea of transforming the force into the “FBI of the North.” Plus bad housing policy and the era of political beefcakes.
- Decision on Surrey Police Service ensures public safety in Surrey, the province | BC Gov News
- Sources say Justin Trudeau wants to transform the RCMP. Will he turn the Mounties into Canada’s version of FBI agents?
- Federal government eyes RCMP’s future as a national force, may drop contract policing for small communities
- RCMP union head says Trudeau government’s ‘vague language’ around Mounties’ future is ‘demoralizing’
- Singh blasts Trudeau for the mortgage bombshell hitting homeowners « Canada’s NDP
- Video clip of Singh housing announcement
- Inflation down
- Is the Bank of Canada making things worse? | CBC News
- Poilievre’s office, Calgary MP silent over latest photo with controversial message