The BCNDP Government have introduced two major pieces of legislation this week. Their under fire for their first that would apply a “modest fee” to freedom of information requests and the other will overhaul the province’s approach to forestry.
But first we tee up the next round of the Greatest BC Premier Bracket and look at the contemporary BC Liberal premiers – Gordon Campbell and Christy Clark. Vote now.
Segment 1: Dom of Information
- Government Release: Amendments strengthen access to information, protect people’s privacy | BC Gov News
- Critics slam NDP’s proposed Freedom of Information Act changes
- Premier’s office to be exempt from scrutiny under law changes: McEvoy
- Privacy Commissioner letter [pdf]
- Horgan suggests there may be no fees
- Bob Mackin is a busy bee
- Adam Olsen raises a question of privilege (2:35pm)
- Speaker Raj Chouhan rules against
- Province intends to introduce legislation to extend key COVID-19 orders | BC Gov News
Segment 2: John speaks for the trees
- Release: Revamped forest policy puts environment, people first | BC Gov News
- Minister introduces bill to ‘reshape’ forest management in B.C.
- What’s next for BC Forestry
- Conservatives say they oppose ‘secret’ move to introduce mandatory vaccine rule for MPs
- Vaughn Palmer: B.C. legislature to require vaccinations, politicians on all sides decide unanimously
- Chrystia Freeland says new ‘targeted’ COVID-19 benefit programs to cost $7.4-billion, run until May 7
- If you’re fired for not getting vaccinated you won’t get EI
- Alberta ‘anti-energy’ inquiry doesn’t outline impact of so-called misinformation