UBC economist Kevin Milligan (@KevinMilligan) joins us for a deep dive into income taxes. Along the way we look at the Liberal and Conservative plans from the last election, wealth taxes and negative income taxes.
Andrew Weaver announced he’s leaving the BC Green Party to sit as an independent as of January 20. Does he just hate the Greens, party politics or is he just another type of politician?
And in quick takes we look at money laundering, the latest in the Conservative leadership race and more.
Check out our partner: BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at politicstoday.news/free-trial
Come see us at Fan Expo Vancouver, February 15-17, 2020.
Segment 1: Tax time on the 99
Segment 2: Andrew Leaver
- Andrew Weaver leaves BC Green Party to sit as independent
- Farewell, professor from The Orca
- Keith Baldrey: Opinion: No way Horgan calls a 2020 B.C. election
- Rob Shaw : B.C. parties prep for possible 2020 election as Green leadership race ramps up instability
- BC grilled by Supreme Court justices on a bill that would halt Trans Mountain expansion
- BC case dismissed from the bench
- Sam Cooper B.C. disbanded RCMP unit after report warned possible crime figure bought stake in casino
- Wilkinson to hand over cabinet documents
- ‘I’m in’: Peter MacKay confirms he’s running for the Conservative leadership
- Stephen Harper resigns from the Conservative Fund board to block Jean Charest
- Manning Centre to change its name as founder Preston Manning announces retirement
- Name the Manning Centre survey