First, we look at the the ongoing protests over the Coastal GasLink LNG pipeline by the hereditary chiefs of five Wet’suwet’en clans who claim the lands as their traditional territories.
Then we look at the state of the tensions between the US and Iran and the possible implications of the crash of Ukraine Airlines flight 752. Plus a look at the latest in leadership race news.
Check out our partner: BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at britishcolumbiatoday.ca
Segment 1: All eyes on the LNG prize
- Background: Why some elected Wet’suwet’en councils signed agreements with Coastal GasLink
- Injunction granted to natural gas company by BC Supreme Court
Segment 2: Iran out of jokes
Conservative leadership race roundup
- Conservatives to pick their new leader on June 27
- MP Marilyn Gladu is running for the Conservative leadership
- Clayton Knutzon on Twitter: “I am Running for leader of the #CPC – just waiting for the nomination papers from the @CPC_HQ #hoc #pnpcbc #cbcnn Am I the first to formally announce? #cdnpoli”
- Aron Seal Millennial Conservative: Home – watch the video
- Former Quebec premier Jean Charest to run for the Conservative leadership
- Pierre Poilievre ‘Skippy’ for Conservative leader?
- Peter MacKay ‘100 per cent in’ for the Conservative leadership race, friends say